Tramex ME5 Moisture Encounter for Building Materials
The ME5 Tramex Moisture Encounter is a Dual-Depth, non-destructive moisture meter for instant moisture measurement and quick evaluation of building material moisture penetration that replaces the "Tramex MEP". Both Deep Depth penetration of up to 1.25" (30mm) & Shallow Depth penetration up to 0.40” (10mm) are available in one meter. Five Ranges of Sensitivity are included for Wood & Timber / Shallow Depth / Drywall & Roofing / Plaster & Tile / Masonry, making the ME5 Tramex Moisture Encounter ideal for testing in and through a wide range of materials in the building structure and envelope.
- Bluetooth connection to accompanying IOS & Android App allowing for continual development and integration of apps and reporting.
- Five (5) Ranges of Sensitivity for Maximum Material Choices: Wood & Timber / Shallow Depth / Drywall & Roofing / Plaster & Tile / Masonry
- Dual-Depth Penetration allows for comparative of surface and core moisture and elimination of substrate influence on the testing of coverings. This meter works on Both Thin & Thick Materials.
- Deep Non-Destructive Signal Penetration, of up to 1 1⁄4" (30mm) in wood and drywall, detects elevated moisture through most covering materials without having to damage or puncture the materials being tested.
- Shallow Depth Scale is designed to have a field penetration of up to 10mm (0.4 inches) for thin materials.
- Wide Range of Readings from 5% to 30% on Wood Scale and 0 to 100 on a comparative scale for all other materials.
- Deep Penetration Detects Moisture through paint, wallpaper, drywall, ceramic tiles, floor coverings, wood, ceiling tiles, roofing membranes, and asphalt composition shingles.
- Hold Function which enables the user to “freeze” the reading, useful when taking readings where the meter face may not be visible.
- High Moisture Audio Warning Tone which can be enabled or disabled.
- Large clear easy to read analog display giving meaningful readings.
- RUGGED ergonomically designed enclosure for a long lasting investement.
- Made in Western Europe "Ireland", for a High Quality Product.
The ME5 Tramex Moisture Encounter detects and evaluates moisture conditions within many building materials by non-destructively measuring the electrical impedance. A low-frequency electronic signal is transmitted into the material via the non-destructive electrodes in the base of the instrument. The strength of this signal varies in proportion to the amount of moisture in the material. The ME5 Moisture Encounter determines the strength of the current and converts this to a accurate moisture content "MC" value, displaying it on a large clear analog dial.
Used and trusted by generations of professionals worldwide for the purpose of:
Locating moisture-related problems within and behind a variety of building materials in the building structure & envelope.
Mapping the extent of moisture damage caused to buildings.
Monitoring progressive drying conditions in the drying process of building materials and surfaces.
Dual-Depth penetration allows for comparative of surface and core moisture and elimination of substrate influence on the testing of coverings.
- Drywall (Insurance Adjusters, Water Damage Experts)
- Bathroom Tile
- Ceramic Flooring
- Hardwood Moisture Issues
- Soft Surface Covers
- Wood under Shingles
- Size: 6.3" x 3.5" x 1.5" (160 x 85 x 38mm)
- Weight: 9.5oz (270g)
- Construction: RUGGED ABS Body
- Power: 2 x AA Batteries (included)
- Display: Analog (for digital see the MRH meter)
- Depth of Penetration:
- Shallow Signal: up to 0.40” (10mm)
- Deep Signal: up to 1.25" (30mm)
ME5 Measuring Range:
- Wood Moisture Content: 5 to 30%
- Reference Scale for Building Materials: 0 to 100