Overview of Tramex DEC Scanner:
The Tramex DEC Scanner is a mobile non-destructive moisture detection instrument on four wheels, which allows for quick scanning of large roof areas with instant, accurate results.
The Tramex DEC Scanner features switchable ranges of sensitivity to suit most roof construction and surfacing types. This non-destructive meter is the best way to measure moisture on large, flat roof surfaces.
Most roofing professional start with the Tramex Roof Inspection Kit.
Features of the Tramex DEC Scanner:
- Easy to read analog display
- Three ranges of sensitivity
- Able to detect low level of excess moisture
- Much faster and more user friendly than nuclear method
- An instantaneous and clear indication of roof condition
- Ability to test thinner roofs
- Continuous operation for uninterrupted coverage
- Locates boundaries of wet areas in minutes
- Complies to ASTM D7954
- Non-destructive impedance moisture meter.
- Three ranges of sensitivity enabling the inspection of a variety of roof membranes and insulation thicknesses.
- Ergonomic easy-reach and easy to operate control panel.
- Leak tracing, water leak detection, problem sourcing, and an instantaneous and clear indication of roof condition.
- Fast readings over large roof areas in a short time frame.
- Work in normal daylight hours.
- Faster and more user friendly than nuclear meters.
- Easy and safe to use with no regulatory restrictions or operating license required.
- Dependable solid state circuitry and rugged molded body for long-term reliability.
- Battery powered - 9 Volt PP3.
- Detect moisture in roofs without tearing them apart.
The Dec Scanner detects and evaluates the moisture conditions within roofing systems by non-destructively measuring the electrical impedance. A low frequency electronic signal is generated, transmitted into the material under test via one of the two electrodes incorporated in the rubber electrode mat, and received by the second electrode. The strength of this signal varies in proportion to the amount of moisture in the material under test. The Dec Scanner determines the strength of the current and converts this to a comparative moisture content value. By moving the Dec Scanner across a roof surface in a regular pattern, a continuous reading is obtained, and areas that contain moisture can be readily identified.
Moisture detection testing can be done at the time of installation for warranty auditing and quality control, as part of an ongoing maintenance program, or prior to re-roofing or repair of damaged roofs. The Dec Scanner is a durable but lightweight instrument that is easily transported to the roof surface. Having determined a known acceptably dry area, one of three sensitivity ranges is selected, and the Dec Scanner is ready to use. Without causing any damage to the roof surface, the Dec Scanner is moved over the tested area. The Dec Scanner gives continuous moisture condition readings, from which a moisture map of the surface can be drawn up, and leaks traced to their source.
Specifications of the Tramex DEC Scanner:
||30”W x 15¾“D x 6¼”H (762 mm x 400 mm x 158 mm)
||24”W x 15.5”D (609 mm x 394mm)
|Carrying case size:
||38”W x 20”D x 10”H (940mm x 508 mm x 270mm)
|Weight of the Dec Scanner:
||24.6 lbs (9.95 Kg)
|Weight of the Carrying Case:
||21.9 lbs (9.9 Kg)
|Total Weight with the Carrying Case:
||46.5 lbs (21.1 Kg)
|Outer packaging carton weight:
||4.4 lbs (2 Kg)
|Total shipping weight:
||51 lbs (23.1Kg)
|Dimensional shipping weight:
||66 lbs (30 Kg)
||0 to 100
|Comparative Max. depth of penetration:
||6” (152 mm)
||2 x 9 Volt PP3 Batteries (included)
||Some EPDM, Butyl rubber roofing and other conductive roofing
The Dec Scanner has an integrated and adjustable calibration ability allowing for precise comparative readings. There are 3 Ranges, and they should be selected as best suits the surface under test, for example:
Range 1 - Most suitable for single-ply and thin roof coverings such as PVC, Hypalon and other smooth surfaces where insulation is wet and moisture is close to the surface.
Range 2 - Most suitable for multi-ply built-up and modified systems, mineral surfaced felts, and other smooth or gravel surfaces where insulation is less wet and moisture is below the surface.
Range 3 - Most suitable for thicker roof coverings such as mastic asphalt, thick gravel and stone surfaced roofing