Tramex Concrete Encounter CME5 Non-Destructive Moisture Meter
The Concrete Moisture Encounter CME5 is a pocket-size non-destructive moisture meter designed to measure the moisture content in concrete flooring prior to the application of floor coverings without the need to drill. This meter replaces the previous model, CME4.
The Tramex CME5 gives instant readings of moisture content up to 6% in concrete and in other masonry type materials. As a non-destructive meter, it is the perfect tool for flooring installers who prefer analog display and want fast and accurate readings. Easy-to-use, giving precise and repeatable results, the CME5 allows the user to make multiple tests over a large area in the shortest possible time.
- Non-destructive in operation with no need to probe, drill or mechanically damage the surface.
- Clear easy-to-read analog dial.
- Instant and precise readings to a depth of approximately 3⁄4" into the slab.
- Bluetooth connection to accompanying IOS & Android App allowing for continual development and integration of apps and reporting.
- Hold function “freezes” meter reading when inspecting areas where the meter face is not visible, and for easy recording of data.
- Reproducible and reliable results.
- Spring-loaded contact pins compensate for uneven concrete and boost signal penetration.
- RUGGED ergonomically designed enclosure for a long lasting investement.
- Made in Western Europe "Ireland", for a High Quality Product.
The Concrete Moisture Encounter detects and evaluates the moisture conditions within the slab or screed by non-destructively measuring the electrical impedance. A low frequency electronic signal is transmitted into the material under test via the electrodes in the base of the instrument. The strength of this signal varies in proportion to the amount of moisture present in the material. The Concrete Moisture Encounter determines the strength of the current and converts this to a moisture content value for concrete slabs and a comparative value for other cementitious floor screeds, displayed on a large clear analog dial.
SCREEDS AND CONCRETE FLOORS MUST BE DRY BEFORE THE FLOOR COVERING IS INSTALLED
Regular checking of moisture content during the drying out period of a new concrete floor or floor screed is important to ensure it has reached sufficient dryness to accept the floor covering.
Excess moisture in the concrete could cause latent problems such as condensation or failure of the adhesive under the floor covering.
The Concrete Encounter 4 will give you an instant reading of moisture content up to 6% concrete; up to 0 - 10 comparatives on gypsum screed enabling you to make informed decisions on when to install the floor covering.
To use, simply switch on and hold the instrument firmly against the surface. As many non-destructive tests as you need can be carried out in seconds without the need to drill or damage the concrete.
- Size: 6.3" x 3.5" x 1.5" (160 x 85 x 38mm)
- Weight: 12.1oz (344g)
- Construction: ABS Body
- Power: 2 x AA Batteries (included)
- Display: Analog
- Depth of Penetration: approx. 3/4” (20mm)
CME5 Measuring Range:
- Moisture Content for Concrete: 0 to 6%
- Comparative for Gypsum floor screed 0 to 10
- Reference Scale: 0 to 100