The Imbotec Rhopoint IQ meter was Introduced to the North American Polished Concrete Industry by us at the Imbotec WOC booth years ago. We with the nhelp of the Polished Concrete Institute pioneered this idea to improve quality by using a measurement better than gloss. The CCM and CCM2 with 3 angle geometry measures not only gloss but also other image quality parameters such as DOI and RSPEC , it is the only handheld instrument that profiles how light is reflected from a surface.
Standard glossmeters only measure how much light is reflected and are not sensitive to effects which dramatically reduce appearance quality such as; orange peel and polishing marks which distort reflections in a surface, seriously reducing visual appearance but cannot be measured with traditional glossmeter.
- DOI / RIQ Meter, ( quantifies orange peel )
- Measures RSPEC
- 20° glossmeter for high gloss finishes
In a single fast measurement, the Rhopoint IQ captures information about the gloss and texture of a sample surface.
Combined gloss and orange peel (DOI/RIQ values) information have made the IQ essential for controlling appearance finish in the paints and coatings sector, particularly for high tech., automotive and aerospace coatings.
Rhopoint IQ Operation:
- Full color display
- Auto-rotating measurement screen
- Adjustable brightness
- Quick efficient interface
Rhopoint IQ Measurement:
- Single button push to measure 20-60-85° and all other parameters
- Fast measurement
- Results can be instantly transmitted to any PC package such as Excel, Word, SPC programs etc.
Rhopoint IQ Statistical:
- Max, min, mean, SD
- All measured parameters
Rhopoint IQ Graphical:
- Trend analysis of all measured values
- Gloss, RSPEC and DOI values