Horiba IG-340 Handy Gloss Checker, Gloss meter
This meter replaces the IG-320 meter which is now discontinued
Gloss is an important visual property of the object's surface. The degree of light reflected from the object's surface is termed glossiness. However, the perception of glossiness is subjective and depends on the weather conditions, physical abilities to watch person, etc. The IG-340 gloss checker helps to quantify gloss measurement and perform objective numerical gloss value.
The gloss checker IG-340's user-friendly interface allows intuitive operations for instant gloss measurement on site. Due to ergonomic and lightweight design the IG-340 can behold and operated by one hand. High accuracy, repeatability, and precision proved by more than 50,000 units sold worldwide makes it indispensable in the object's appearance check and quality control.
IG-340 uses very common measurement angel 60°, which allows accurate measurement from low gloss surfaces to highly polished textures.
This enables gloss measurement of different materials: stone, wood, leather, rubber, glass, metal, plastic, and various application fields from floor maintenance, car polishing to stone and building materials appearance inspection. Ingress Protection IP42* enables outdoor gloss measurement and use in the fields where water drops are present.
Internal memory can store 100 readings and 200 average data with time and date. Instant data output via USB connection and without any dedicated software allows QA and other professional reports to be easily generated. The IG-340 does not need any special measurement technique. It can be easily used by everyone and become your right hand in reporting about performed works and quality inspection.
- Compact, Lightweight and Easy Operation
- 30% smaller than the previous model the IG-320
- Easy to hold and carry by one hand
- Gloss values can be easily managed on-site with one button one function operation
- Environmental Rating
- IP (Ingress Protection) rates at IP42*
- Can be used for outdoor gloss measurements such as construction sites, solar panels, ships, trains, and buses
- Also can be used for stone polishing and other applications where water drops are present
- Large Screen Display
- Indicated values can be easily confirmed when IG-340 is placed on the floor during floor cleaning and maintenance works
- Internal Memory for Measured and Average Values
- Measured values can be saved with a single touch
- Easy operation with one hand using the side button is also available
- Average value can be calculated and saved as well
*Equivalent to IP42 when battery cover and USB cover are closed.
IP42 means protection against solid objects of 1mm diameter and greater, and vertically falling water drops when the enclosure is tilted up to 15 degrees.
Wiping off water drops on the measurement spots are necessary to obtain an accurate value.
| Measurement Range
|| 0.0 to 100.0
| Display Range
|| 0.0 to 199.9 [OVER] is displayed for values greater than 100.0
|| ±0.6 (±0.5% of full scale ±1 digit)*2
|| 6 × 12 mm ellipse
| Measurement Geometry
| Light Source
|| LED (880 nm)
| Operating Temperature
|| 0 to 40℃
| Relative Humidity
|| 35 to 85%RH (no condensation)
| Environmental Rating
|| AA battery × 2
|| 61 (W) × 62 (D) × 176 (H) mm
|| 320 g or less (including batteries and protective cover)
- Auto power off (10 minutes)
- Memory: 100 readings and 200 average data with date and time
- Data output to PC via USB cable (Batch output of memory data, OS: Windows®10)*3
*1: Variation is values when repeated measurement are done continuously in a short time under the same conditions.
*2: Full scale 100.0
*3: Please use a micro USB cable. "Windows" is a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Each box comes with:
- Protective Cover with integrated Calibration Tile
- Soft Case
- Lens Cleaning Cloth
- User Manual
Not Included but can be purchased separately under Accessories
- Protective cover with integrated calibration tile (SKU GF-xxxxx)
- Soft case (SKU GF-xxxxxx)
- Lens cleaning cloth (SKU GF-xxxxx)
- Battery (AA x2) SKU GF-xxxxx
- USB Cable (SKU GF-xxxxx)
IG-340 Instruction Manual