The best-selling BD-2100 is great for measuring moisture in a variety of different building materials, including wood, concrete, drywall, EIFS, roofing, insulation, and flooring. The BD-2100 has a digital display, an adjustable alarm, and Delmhorst’s exclusive calibrated drywall scale.
- Bright, clear digital display.
- Three scales:
- Wood Scale - 6% - 40% moisture range. Use for flooring and building material, such as wood studs, floor joists, subfloors.
- Reference Scale - Reads from 0 - 100 on a relative basis. Use on non-wood materials, such as concrete, plaster, and insulation.
- Gypsum Scale - 0.2%-50% moisture range. Use on drywall.
- Averages up to 100 accumulated readings.
- Built-in calibration check.
- Audible, adjustable alarm alerts you when your pre-selected MC has been reached.
- Integral contact pins mounted on top of meter provide 5/16” penetration.
- Built-in connector accepts any Delmhorst electrode.
- Size: 8” x 3” x 1 5/8”.
- Weight: 10 oz.
- Rugged construction ensures years of reliable use.
- Sturdy plastic carrying case.
- 9V battery.
- 1-year warranty.
BD-2100 Package Variations:
With Case: Includes meter, carrying case, and extra contact pins for the meter. Order as BD-2100W/CS.
Standard Package: Includes meter, carrying case, extra contact pins for the meter, and 21-E electrode. Order as BD-2100/PKG.
Flooring Package: Includes meter, 26-ES electrode, extra contact pins for the meter, extra 496 pins for the 26-ES electrode, and carrying case. Order as BD-2100/26/PKG.
EIFS Package: Includes meter, carrying case, extra contact pins for the meter, 21-E electrode, (2) 608/001 contact pins, and HP-1 hole punch. Order as BD-2100/EIFS/PKG.
Complete Package: Includes meter, 21-E electrode, 26-ES electrode, extra contact pins for the meter, extra 496 pins for the 26-ES electrode, and carrying case. Order as BD-2100/26/21/PKG.
Delmhorst offers a wide assortment of electrodes known throughout the industry for their durability. All Delmhorst electrodes fit any Delmhorst moisture meter. Below are electrodes that are typically used for this model:
Fitted with the same 5/16" penetration pins that are mounted on our pin type meters. This electrode is great for a variety of different applications:
- Home inspector: Use on wood joists and drywall.
- Paper producer: Use on curved surfaces such as cardboard and paper tubes.
- Woodworker: Use on timber, poles, and veneer.
2-E is also available as the 2- ET with a tapped handle for hard to reach areas. Can also be fitted with A-103 uninsulated pins with 1 3/32” length and 11/16” penetration.
The 496 contact pins that come with the 26-ES penetrate 1 1/8” and have insulated shanks so that only the tips are exposed. The pins make contact only at their uncoated tips and provide much more accurate readings of moisture content at various levels of penetration. This feature is useful for a variety of different applications:
- Flooring installers: Penetrate through flooring to plywood sub-floor, or concrete.
- Dry kiln operators: Identify moisture gradients which helps to identify the drying pattern.
- Furniture manufacturers and craftsmen: Easily check high density hardwood that short pins are unable to penetrate.
Also available as the 26-ED, which includes gauge to measure pin penetration depth.
The 608 pins that come with the 21-E are insulated, except at the tips, and can reach a maximum penetration of 3-1/4".
Great for use on roofs, insulation, or EIFS.
21-E is also available as the 21-E/001 with 6" penetration, or as the 21-ET with a tapped handle for hard to reach areas.
Comes with A-111 uninsulated contact pins for 1 1/2" penetration. For use on plaster, masonry and wood. Will also accept 496, insulated pins; 1 1/16” penetration.
22-E is also available as the 22-ET with a tapped handle for hard to reach areas.
Features two 5'' long blades, bent to a 35° angle, and coated in Teflon except for the tips. Great for checking behind trim and baseboard molding.