About the MMC205 Digital Shopline Moisture Meter
The MMC205 Moisture Meter is ideal for wood flooring and woodworking applications that specify common softwood and hardwood species and do not require moisture measurement to the tenth-of-a-percent precision.
Materials to MeasureThe MMC205 has material settings for common softwood and hardwood species (MC limited to 20%).
Other Building Products: Relative reading on materials with similar densities to wood.
Specific ApplicationsFor flooring installers, small woodworking shops and home hobbyists, the MMC205 offers a complete and portable moisture meter designed for common softwoods and hardwoods with a standard specific gravity (SG) range.
Easy-to-use and easy to adjust, the MMC205 can quickly and accurately scan many board feet of incoming lumber or many pieces of wood flooring in just seconds. Wagner Meters’ IntelliSense™ Technology ensures that the MMC205 is measuring deeply IN the wood for a true moisture picture without damage to the wood surface and without interference from surface moisture.
One-button control still allows easy programming with a couple of keystrokes. The moisture content (MC) reading is displayed in whole numbers.
And like all Wagner Meters’ hand-held units, there is no need to adjust (MC) readings for temperature. Lightweight and easy to operate, the MMC205 gives quick and accurate MC readings on the job.
- Size & Weight: Length – 4 9/16″; Width – 2 3/4″; Height – 1 1/16″; Weight – .37 lbs
- Power: 9-volt battery, Auto Power Shut Down – 60 seconds
- Control: One button control for on/off and species settings
- Depth of Measurement: 3/4″
- Moisture Content: 5% – 20%
- Digital Display: in 1% increments in whole numbers
- Scanning Area: 1 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- Specific Gravity: Selectable wood species setting .30-.70
- Calibration: Verifiable with Calibration Block (sold separately)
- Other Features7-Year Warranty
- Battery Included
- Soft Vinyl Case with Belt Loop Included
- Operating Temperature 30-110° F