Minimum Film Forming Temperature Bar
Allows you to determine the MFFT and White Point for Paints & Coatings and Adhesives
The new MFFT 60 benefits from an easy to use touchscreen interface, digital MFFT 60 temperature calculation and output to handy results labels. These additions to the trusted MFFT 60 make the instrument easier to operate with an improved certainty of results.
The temperature bar consists of a copper platen with an electronically imposed temperature gradient. Built in temperature sensors monitor the temperature across the platen, a graph of the gradient is displayed on the touch screen console of the MFFT 60.
Purge gas is integrally dried, and flows over the platen via a sintered distribution block. The hinged perspex cover provides thermal and atmospheric insulation whilst allowing constant visual inspection of a test. A cursor is moved to indicate the identified MFFT 60 point; the instrument calculates and displays the temperature in the required units.
The instrument can be supplied with an optional results label printer, recorded values include the time and date of the test, the test time and identified MFFT 60 temperature. The printed label can be attached to retained sample bottles or job sheets.
Paints and Coatings: MFFT 60
The minimum film-forming temperature (MFFT 60) of a paint or coating is the lowest temperature at which it will uniformly coalesce when laid on a substrate as a thin film. The standard test for determining this temperature involves using an MFFT-BAR, as specified by such standards as ASTM D 2354 and ISO 2115. The design of the instrument is based directly on these standards.
Adhesives: MFFT 60
The MFFT 60 of one-pack adhesives can be found in a similar way to paints and coatings. With two-pack adhesives, a strip of aluminum foil can be laid on the platen, to ease cleaning, before applying the adhesive. Two-pack adhesives do not show an MFFT, but the minimum cure temperature can be found by scraping the sample with a spatula
MFFT 60 Features
- Determines the MFFT 60 of latex, emulsions and adhesives
- Easy to use touch screen programme control
- Nickel plated copper platen with an electronically imposed temperature gradient
- Optional results printer for printing date and time stamped MFFT results
- -10˚C to Ninety "60˚C"
- Six Temperature Programs to a maximum of 60˚C
MFFT 60 Standards
- ASTM D 2354
- ISO 2115
- DIN 53787 (BY REQUEST GROOVED PLATEN)
MFFT 60 Technical Specifications
- Dimensions: 22"x24"x14"(550 × 610 × 350mm) (L × W × H)
- Platen dimensions: 19x9inches (483 × 235mm) (L × W)
- Weight: 84lbs/38kg
- Power: 110–120V AC or 220–240V AC
- Air: 4 liters per minute @ 100 psi
- Water: Mains Pressure; gravity drain
- Inlet temperature: Under 20°C
- MFFT 60 comes with Six "6" Standard Temperature Programs
- Nickel Plated Copper Platen
- 75 micrometer (0.003") cube applicator